Wednesday 27 January 2010

My package has arrived! super foods not so super?!

Hello!
My wonderful box arrived today from http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/
which included; 100g Maca root
100g Carob powder
1Fl oz Marine phytoplankton-- see for benefits www.thebestfoodever.com/oceans-alive
142g Natures living superfood-- see for benefits http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/nls.html
20g crystal manna flakes-- see for benefits http://www.ancientsuninc.com/crystalmanna

I added some NL super food and Crystal manna to my juice this morning, and i have to admit, it was a bit like drinking pond water..! Im sure the flavour will grow on me..well i hope so, im meant to double the dosage at some point!
I am pleased with the MPP (marine phytoplankton) i added 6 drops in a glass of water with some lemon juice and within minutes i got an energy rush. Im still buzzing now! I will have it in the morning and before bed i think. It will help the cells repair and assist my body in doing what it needs to do at night i hope.
I will not continue on with BOTH NLSF and CM as i cant afford them, especially with the price of MPP, so we will have to see which one i prefer. I must admit, i am taken back and impressed at the amount of ingredients in NLSF though.

Now the carob and maca are a different story!
Somebody should have warned me....and i wouldn't have WASTED £3.55 each on them both!!
I was really looking forward to trying them, seeing as i like cacao so much. I though these would be nice too...but oh no, my tastebuds dislike.
Now i have to find something to wo with 100g of maca and carob powder!


Anyhoo i also bought some PH strips to test myself. I was 7.5 (great!) and then 6.5.....and then 6! whats going on i thought..ive eaten nothing but green foods all day!
A bit taken back by this, i did a little research and some questioning and apparently fat can cause the body to go acidic. Now i am eating up to 2 avocados a day, which IS a lot of fat, especially for a raw foodie like myself, so next week when the avo's have ran out, i will reduce my fat intake and see where that takes me. Ive been wanting to do that anyway, so here's a good excuse!

I also have ordered a couple of books. David Wolfe's 'eating for beauty' and 'sunfood diet success systems' which i am really looking forward to receiving.
I also have received Enigma, the cross of changes. I just LOVE that CD so i have been listening to it at bed time and have been drifting off nicely into my sleep, where recently the oddest dreams have been awaiting me! You know what, ive researched them, and they are all mean bad things! great!!!!

anyway im tired and my enigma CD awaits!
Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Just like honey or wine (which maybe you don't eat!) carob varies greatly. Good carob is light colored (raw) and has a subtle sweetness. There is an illusion that you are eating a sweetened chocolate.

    Bad carob can have a bitter off-taste and seems more dusty than a flour like consistency it should have. Dark carob is usually roasted and is sometimes sold as raw. As you said, bad carob is almost inedible.

    It seems you rarely find organic carob. Sometimes herb companies carry it, and I guess mail order companies do. Good carob should taste good mixed with a little water and eaten like fudge--which it resembles and tastes like. You might find whole carob pods, which look kind of like a string bean but dark--almost black. They grow on trees in some US cities. They have a line of seeds inside but the fresh woody skin is delicious fresh from the pod and resembles caramel a little.

    I've been a raw vegetarian at times, but have gone back to dairy and eggs as a vagabond lifestyle has given me a survival mentality I guess. As far as supplements go bee pollen and brewer's yeast are my favorites. I don't understand why people like algae which is basically pond scum!

    If one has a choice or can live in the tropics then raw food from nature is the best. It seems you have to be suspicious of foods that take massive technology or effort to harvest, such as tiny seed grains, etc. and our natural foods would be those that are easily eaten from nature like fruits.

    Pineapple is a great healer and digestive food, works better than citrus for colds, but your body has to adapt to it. I used to have problems with it like you but seem to have gotten used to it. Organic is better because it is treated to grow fast in commercial growing. Depending on how ripe it is affects the acid bite. It shouldn't smell much, be mushy (over-ripe) or too hard (green.) A slight amount of orange in the skin but not completely orange.

    It is one of the best foods for digestive issues or food poisoning, and will break up congestion and mucus conditions in the whole body. It's great if you feel a flu coming on--I can almost eat a whole one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there AUi, thanks for the comment.

    The Maca i have is 100% organic raw maca (a very light colour) from www.detoxyourworld.com
    I wish i loked it, but i guess it is just not for me! I prefer my green algae pond water! (which i do actually like!)
    I do not eat anything that comes from an animal, (inc honey and bee pollen.) I feel perfectly amazing on a plant diet and do not feel the need to consume other foods.

    Pineapple i can have in moderation. it makes me VERY bloated, even when perfectly ripe and it also burns my mouth alot if i eat too much, so i steer clear of it most of the time and just have it once every so often.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete