Saturday 3 October 2009

And later that day...

Hello again!
Well its still day 1 of the waterfast and it has been great so far. I haven't been thirsty at all (i could have done a dry fast!) and so far my body has been very kind to me.
Ive cleaned the house, done washing and went to down to pick up some bits for next week, and carried 2 heavy bags back (which did wear me out!).
I have had no bad hunger pangs, just little ones that i just easily ignore, ive had energy all day, although i am really low on energy right now so im taking it easy tonight.
Ive just started to get a slight headache which i also get after a full day of raw- i think its the 1st sign of detox .
So im sitting here with my glass of mineral water- only the second drink ive had today.
* I know people are always saying 'you must drink lots of water when your fasting' and all the crap about 8 glasses a day, but to be honest, i just listen to my body about how much i should drink. I mean, if im not thirsty, why am i going to force a glass of water down my throat?*
In town i got some flax oil, raisins, goji berries, kingfisher toothpaste and 3 bunches of bananas.
I made lots of ice cream with those bananas. I did chocolate ice cream, Cinnamon and raisin, goji berry & banana and banana & coconut, as well as freezing a couple of whole bananas, yum!
I smelt the lovely banana fragrance and i wasnt even tempted! I think my body must want to fast!

I did expect today to be a little rougher, i mean im not complaining, but its not been at all like my last one. Ive been able to do everything ive needed to do today, ive been able to think about food without getting cravings or hunger, and ive been able to think about things other than food and it has been so smooth and pleasant! i hope tomorrow is just as good! I have a feeling it wont be, but i am looking forward to it. In fact i wish that i didnt have to go to work next week so that i could carry on my fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment