Saturday 10 October 2009

raw day 6: 100% raw weekend!

Hey there,
A year ago, when i first started experimenting with the raw food diet, i was eating raw during the week and then cooked at the weekend. The reason why i did this was because i loved the way raw made me feel, but by Friday i was really wanting, and looking forward to my 'treats', so i carried on like this for a while until attempting to embark on a 30 day 100% raw challenge, which then to me was forever. I wanted to try it, because i was passionate about raw foods. It lasted a grand 12 days and the weekends were the worst. i couldn't have popcorn, cake, cereal, mash, tofu- nothing i loved eating normally.
So at that time i pretty much abandoned hope of being raw until a week ago, when i decided to fast my last weekend being sad, instead of stuffing my face, in welcoming of my new raw lifestyle that i felt i was totally ready for and committed to doing.

So, to me, today has been a land mark. Its Saturday and i am still amazingly and fantastically enjoying being 100 percent raw and cant wait for every day, as its another day to enjoy, learn and live my new, amazing lifestyle.
I have had no cooked cravings since the first day, i am not bored or sick of being raw, i don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, and most of all, my friends and work mates are trying my raw foods and berries, that they have never tried before, and loving them! <3

I have been to my local city today and went to my health food shop and bought seeds, coconut oil, cacao nibs, and apple cider vinegar which i have never had before so i am really looking forward to using it in my next marinade. I went to the market aswell and got kiwis, figs, apples, pears, bananas, peaches, nectarines, passion fruit, papaya, mangos, raisins amongst other things. I have never had papaya or passion fruit before, so i am really looking forward to trying them.

Ive made quite a few things tonight with my new ingredients. I melted some coconut oil and mixed some cacao powder with it and made chocolate covered raisins, banana and goji berries,and then i put them in the freezer- yum! I also mashed a banana and mixed it with the melted coconut oil and cacao and had warm banana and chocolate pudding with cacao nibs, raisins and goji berries. It was so nice and actually quite rich. :)

Im feeling really excited about the coming weeks in my journey and i am wondering if they will get harder. Im also wondering when detox is going to start! I haven't had any signs of detox yet, when last winter, id be raw for 3 days and get massive breakouts.

anyway, i'll keep you updated about my weekend!
peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment